I’ve been searching the web for a sewing challenge for 2016, but haven’t really found anything that fits my personal wants and needs. Some of them are contests, some you have to be part of a club, some are too specific, and some seem to be out of my skills set. So I decided to make my own personal sewing challenge for 2016!
I am all about retro styles and fashion so I thought my challenge should be retro/vintage based. Thanks to all the major pattern companies for having reproductions of their vintage patterns!
Anyhow, here’s my challenge: create at least 9 looks from the 20th century! I probably will not be doing these challenges in chronological order, and have other projects in between, but for now this is what it will look like:
3. 1920’s (very excited for this one! Already envisioning what my frock will look like!)
4. 1930’s … You’re getting the idea now…
6. 1950’s (will probably make more than one 50’s inspired look if I’m on a roll!)
8. 1970’s (I actually have a lot of original patterns from the 70’s but I’d have to resize them)
9. 1980’s (I’ve always, and don’t ask me why, wanted to make/have a 1980’s business suit! Hmm)
There you have it! Like I said it probably won’t happen in this order but I am very excited to see what will come of this self sewing challenge!
UPDATE: this is my pledge for the #vintagepledge … I found that after I had already pledged this on my own!